2013 International BiodiverCities Conference Program Released – Register now as places are limited.
Find the program HERE!
Further details and online registrations are available at: http://www.joondalup.wa.
The City of Joondalup, in collaboration with the ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability and the Western Australian Local Government Association, will host delegates from around the globe for the 2013 International BiodiverCities Conference in September.
The three-day conference will be held at the internationally-renowned Joondalup Resort from and will address biodiversity conservation in a changing climate.
The program will feature field trips as well as key note and parallel session presentations from regional and international environmental experts addressing biodiversity conservation in a changing climate.
Topics to be covered include:
· Managing impacts of climate change on local biodiversity
· Assessing and managing coastal vulnerability
· Partnerships to enhance biodiversity
· Community education and public participation
· Biodiversity for carbon sequestration
· Integration of biodiversity into the urban landscape.
The Conference includes an impressive line-up of International and National speakers including:
- Professor Tim Flannery, Scientist, Explorer and Conservationist
- Professor Stephen D. Hopper AC, Winthrop Professor of Biodiversity, Centre of Excellence in Natural Resource Management, and School of Plant Biology, The University of Western Australia
- Dr Michael Dunlop, Land Water Biodiversity Climate Analyst, CSIRO, Australia
- Dr Paul Hardisty, Director of the National Climate Adaptation Flagship, CSIRO, Australia
- Dr Debra Roberts, Director of Climate Change, eThekwini Municipality, Durban, South Africa
- Professor Bruce Clarkson, Director of Environmental Research Institute, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Ms Anissa Lawrence, Director, TierraMar Consulting, Australia
- Dr Asa Gren, Researcher, Stockholm Resilience Centre, Sweden
- Professor Kingsley Dixon, Director of Science – Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Australia (Conference Dinner Speaker)
- Professor Haripriya Gundimeda, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India
- Dr Berthold Seibert, Project Director, ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity
- Mr Craig Anderson, Chief Executive Officer, Greening Australia WA
- Professor Lei Yang, Centre for Water Studies, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
- Mr Andre Mader, Program Officer, Convention of Biological Diversity Secretariat, Montreal, Canada
For further information please contact the City on 61 8 9400 4397 or via email.