Dear Biodiversity Summit Members and friends,
We are delighted to inform you that registration for the 2014 Biodiversity Summit for Cities and Subnational Governments is officially open and welcome you all to confirm your participation by registering as soon as possible online at: http://www.biodivercity-
All participants must register for the Biodiversity Summit. By doing so, ICLEI will automatically register each participant for CBD COP 12 as well, as the Summit will be held within the restricted area of the COP venue.
Please note that it is in your best interest to register and book your flights and accommodation as soon as possible as space is limited.
IMPORTANT: STEPS TO REGISTER:
1) Pre-register online: Register for the Biodiversity Summit by filling out the registration form on the registration page. Registration closes on 10 September.
2) Receive Summit registration confirmation letter: After you have completed the registration process, the Summit organizers will issue a registration confirmation letter to you via email after 11 September 2014. Please print this letter and bring it with you to receive your Biodiversity Summit badge.
3) Receive Priority Pass and visa support letter from CBD: When you register for the Biodiversity Summit, ICLEI will automatically register you for CBD COP 12. The Secretariat of the CBD will then send you a priority pass that will allow access to the restricted area of the COP venue. A visa support letter will also be issued, whether or not your require one. The Priority Pass must ALSO be printed and brought with you, as well as valid photo identification (preferably passport).
4) Obtain your Summit and COP 12 badges at the venue
PLEASE NOTE: You will not be given your badges or allowed access to the venue without presenting a SUMMIT CONFIRMATION LETTER, a PRIORITY PASS, and VALID IDENTIFICATION. A map of the entire venue can be viewed on the venue page of the COP 12 website.
If you want to register various participants from your organization collectively, please take care to enter the email and postal addresses ofeach individual participant and send it to email@example.com. The name of the registration file should be the name of your organization
Biodiversity Summit Information Document:Please find the useful Information Note for all specific information relating to the Summit HERE.This provides practical information on topics such as:- Registration- Visas- Getting to the Summit- Accommodation- Eco Culture Tour
SIDE EVENTSThe following side events should be kept in mind when booking flights:- The URBIO Conference 2014 (9-12 October): Running in parallel to COP12, URBIO2014 will play an significant role in enhancing the international academic, professional network to deal with urban environmental problems, also promoting the global-scaled awareness on conserving urban biodiversity. This year’s topic, “Cities and Water: Conservation, Restoration and Biodiversity” will discuss 3 sub-themes and 12 sessions with numerous interesting parallel sessions. Please visit the URBIO2014 website for more information.
- A number of side events are also scheduled on 15 October, to be confirmed and shared soon.For further information on sessions, themes and the program please look out for further announcements and see www.biodivercity-summit.org/
eng.ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability ● Africa Secretariat ● Cities Biodiversity CenterPO Box 5319, Tygervalley, 7536, Cape Town, South AfricaStreet address: 71 Burg Street, Cape Town, South Africa 8001● www.iclei.org/biodiversity ● Follow CBC